About Domino’s Pizza Group plc (DPG)
Domino’s Pizza is recognised as the world’s leading pizza delivery company. It’s expertise and passion for delivering hot and fresh pizzas has earned it numerous awards and the loyalty of millions of pizza lovers around the world.
- DPG is the UK and Ireland’s leading pizza delivery company and holds the master franchise to own, operate and franchise Domino’s Pizza stores in these markets
- The first UK store opened in 1985 and the first Irish store opened in 1991
- In April 2011, the company gained exclusive rights to own, operate and franchise Domino’s Pizza stores in Germany and in September 2012 the company acquired the master franchise for Switzerland, Luxembourg and Liechtenstein and has an option to open stores in Austria prior to the end of 2014
- Over 21,000 team members work in the UK and Irish stores and in a range of support functions ranging from marketing, IT and training to fresh dough production at its three commissaries in Milton Keynes, Penrith and Naas, Ireland
- The stores are owned by franchisees who are responsible for delivering the brand’s high standards to customers. As at December 30, 2012, there were 805 stores in the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and Switzerland
Michael Botha is Commercial Director for Domino’s Pizza UK & IRL Ltd and has been with the company since 2005. Michael has been with the business during its most significant years of growth and development. He has always been very comfortable with leasing, but recognised that with increasing demands on his time and that of DPG’s loyal employees, there was always room for greater efficiency.
Whilst enjoying time away in Spain in pursuit of his passion for slalom waterskiing, Michael met Vince Baczor on the dock of the reservoir during a coaching session. There was no escape and although Michael was very confident about his business leasing activities, he agreed to have more detailed discussions when back in the UK.
LeaseSolution Director, Vince Baczor, was personally responsible for the relationship with Domino’s Pizza Group plc over a period of more than three years, while working with a previous company that he founded. During that time, he also designed and developed a lease management system that was used for client service delivery.
In September 2009, an agreement was eventually reached to work together , specifically to address the challenge of containing and managing the growing lease portfolio. The existing lease management system required considerable enhancement to meet DPG’s specific requirements, effectively giving them a tailored solution. The interpretation of business needs, design, enhancement and system development was all handled by Vince working with a programmer, delivering a working a solution four months later.
The Benefits to Domino’s Pizza Group plc
It is fair to say that the enhanced system transformed the way that DPG handled its leases and dramatically increased efficiency. Very quickly, Michael was able to estimate that anticipated future growth of 50% would be managed by only a 10% increase in resources, rather than the 50% increase that would have been otherwise required.
“Working with Vince and his company has improved our processes and has significantly reduced the amount of time we spend on leasing. I am very pleased with the new way of working.”
“In addition to the improvements already made, we now have more flexibility to make the process suit our business.”
The benefits from working together started to build up:
- Accuracy was increased and inconsistencies reduced after linking leases to the accounting system
- A 50% cut in leasing administration and management, saving the accounting department 38 man-days per year, while increasing accuracy
- Reduced data entry on spreadsheets
- Faster delivery, with more reliable access to documentation and management information
- Ad-hoc query management
- Complete commercial visibility with accessible information including detailed lease analysis
- Immediate access to data to address any issues with banks and leasing companies
LeaseSolution was established in 2012 to provide specialist software and services to assist clients in better managing their leases and processes. For further details call +44 20 7183 1475, or email email@example.com.